Return to Index  

Early 5513 closed-6 feet-first dial ... and 1570?

November 13 2011 at 4:34 PM
  (Login ezinternet)
from IP address 24.192.86.154

Requesting your help on a research project:

I'd been searching for information about this dial on a 5513 with a case-back dated '67; serial around 2M. I'm really feeling appreciation for all of the forum contributors over the years, and also for RichardC who generously runs this site so I can slog through the old posts. Thanks all!

I finally found the right search terms happy.gif to find a thread that seems to match this dial:

- feet-first,
- closed "6"
- aligned "f" and "t" crossbars
- two-lines,
- depth on top

If it is original, it would be a transitional period, Mk 3, ft-first, LC made dial. Seems to match date and serial range.

Did I get that right? Is it rare? happy.gif

One wrinkle with this watch is that it has a movement with 1570 on the bridge. So either someone (a) installed a new bridge during a repair, or (b) swapped in a newer movement.

Is there a basic way to identify an underlying 1520/1530 movement? Has anyone encountered other 5513's (without serialized movements, I believe) where someone just swapped in a 1570?

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Responses

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014