What's the jewel of your collection?November 14 2011 at 10:30 AM
|Paul (Login Submariner2009)|
from IP address 126.96.36.199
A thought over the weekend and I'd love others to weigh in, as appropriate: what's the prize of your collection?
By prize I don't necessarily mean dollar/euro value--I mean personal value, be it a gift, years of searching etc. (or dollar/euro value).
I have a very modest collection (being very generous with the use of the word) and my prized possession is my 2007 16610 Sub. Not vintage or rare by any means but it was a 5th Anniversary gift from my wife who had heard me years earlier say I'd love to own a stainless Rolex Sub in my life etc. She put the funds aside quietly and it was an exceptional surprise. She also lit the fuse for my love of the history and vintage of the brand and my desire to build a small collection. So that's mine--it's the last one I'd ever part with.
I have a friend whose father gave each of his 4 sons a stainless AirKing upon their graduation from university. Each one is engraved with "YOYO" and the graduation year on the caseback. "YOYO" means "You're On Your Own"--it's their entry into the world. That's his prize and always enjoy seeing him with his brothers sporting the same watch from different years.
- Re: What's the jewel of your collection? - Carl on Nov 14, 2011, 11:29 AM
- Neither fancy nor among the fan favorites...but I like it - John Ireland on Nov 14, 2011, 11:36 AM
- My 1600... - Richard Carver on Nov 14, 2011, 11:50 AM
- compared to most collectors - Guillaume on Nov 14, 2011, 12:19 PM
- Two tied at the top for me... - tomvox1 on Nov 14, 2011, 3:02 PM
- I´m with Mr Carver... - Andreas on Nov 14, 2011, 5:38 PM
- 1 of 1... - Roger on Nov 14, 2011, 7:11 PM
- My one and only, - Tim(PMWF) on Nov 15, 2011, 8:08 AM
- what started it all for me was...... - scottb2 on Nov 15, 2011, 12:10 PM