Return to Index  

Anyone care to give an opinion on this colour of gold? >>

December 5 2011 at 3:48 AM

Steve.P  (Login 2wsxcde3)
VRF Member
from IP address

Everyone knows the existence of White Gold, Yellow Gold and Rose Gold. I have asked before and it seems that everyone I speak to believes that these are the only 3 that Rolex produced.

However I keep being taunted by one of my 1802. To me it appears to be much lighter than the normal indicating that it is Pink Gold and not Rose.

I know many think that it is the different term for the same thing but Pink has a lighter copper mix than Rose and I am absolutely sure these two are completely different shades.

I've not seen another the same same so I am wondering, is this just a freak odd colour when it was produced? or can we accept that there were 4 colours of gold produced and not 3?

Anyone care to give an oppinion?

Although the names are often used interchangeably, the difference between red, rose, and pink gold is the copper content the higher the copper content, the stronger the red coloration.

[linked image]

This message has been edited by 2wsxcde3 from IP address on Dec 5, 2011 4:06 AM

Respond to this message   

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2015