Return to Index  

Anyone care to give an opinion on this colour of gold? >>

December 5 2011 at 3:48 AM

Steve.P  (Login 2wsxcde3)
VRF Member
from IP address 58.8.123.128

Everyone knows the existence of White Gold, Yellow Gold and Rose Gold. I have asked before and it seems that everyone I speak to believes that these are the only 3 that Rolex produced.

However I keep being taunted by one of my 1802. To me it appears to be much lighter than the normal indicating that it is Pink Gold and not Rose.

I know many think that it is the different term for the same thing but Pink has a lighter copper mix than Rose and I am absolutely sure these two are completely different shades.

I've not seen another the same same so I am wondering, is this just a freak odd colour when it was produced? or can we accept that there were 4 colours of gold produced and not 3?

Anyone care to give an oppinion?

Steve

FROM WIKI:
Although the names are often used interchangeably, the difference between red, rose, and pink gold is the copper content the higher the copper content, the stronger the red coloration.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_gold#Rose.2C_red_and_pink_gold

[linked image]

This message has been edited by 2wsxcde3 from IP address 58.8.123.128 on Dec 5, 2011 4:06 AM
This message has been edited by 2wsxcde3 from IP address 58.8.123.128 on Dec 5, 2011 3:51 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014