Return to Index  

I needed your help on the Return Policy!!

December 9 2011 at 6:59 AM
  (Login fatderek)
VRF Member
from IP address 203.83.115.132

Three weeks ago I had posted an ad on VRM as below link.

FS: ROLEX 78360 oyster bracelet with 580 endlinks .... USD800 shipped WW

http://www.network54.com/Forum/207673/message/1321825806/

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

The bracelet was sold in 10 minutes. As usual I shipped it out at the first moment. Four days later the buyer received the bracelet and sent me an email. He told that one of the 580 endlink was bit bigger and won't fit to his watch. I asked for some photos to identify the problem. And the buyer sent me the below photo. It seems the endlink was very tight may be jamed between the lugs.

Actually the pair of endlinks were used parts. They surely had used in one or more than one watches for many years. I had question why this time the endlink was not fit but not happened before with other watch. And I had checked the endlinks was fine before I shipped them to the buyer. At that moment I want to find out the problem of the endlink and close the issue between the buyer and me. Therefore I agreed the endlinks return and will send another pair for replacement.

Yesterday I received the returned 580 endlinks and I'm very disappointed the endlinks had been reworked. That was the pair I sent out to the buyer but one side of them was cutted smaller. They are totally not the original width compared with I shipped them out. Also the workmanship was too bad. I can found some burrs at the edges which had been cutted. And then I fitted the endlinks to my 20mm lugs distance watches. The result was the 580 endlinks were very loose in between the lugs. I had took some photos to show how loose of the endlinks now.

I had told the problem of the endlinks to the buyer and conveyed that it is not allowed any rework of the parts which for return. Unfortunately the buyer still want me to ship another pair of 580 endlinks to hm. Otherwise he will give me bad reference there. Remember in the year 2011, I had sold more than 20 bracelets to other collectors. So far never had this kind of issue. Could anyone can give me some opinions to solve the issue between the buyer and me please?

Respond to this message   
Responses

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014