Return to Index  

Explorer Blackout..Not A New Design Concept..

December 13 2011 at 9:01 AM
MC Yoon  (Login munchiew)
VRF Member
from IP address 115.42.240.195

You can see it on this very early Explorer: a 6350, the same as that worn by Tenzing Norgay when the HT team stood on the summit of Mt. Everest.

The watch's radium lume plots have blackened over time...

Photobucket

This watch has a wonderful waffle/ piepan dial; and still has the correct + crown..

Photobucket

But not the correct bracelet; but with the incorrect Big Logo in spanking condition, what is there not to like?

Photobucket

This watch also has unusual engravings on the inner CB; the 6350 has been crossed out, and "6352" engraved below as replacement.

Photobucket

Could this indicate the fact that this watch is different from the usual 6350, and has a different(thicker) bezel? To better withstand more adverse conditions, like 26,000 ft of altitude, and temperatures of minus --- ??? I think PS has the answer!

Photobucket

And also, as a consequence of ridicule that is elicited when people see my totally unfocussed and random collection (and worse, not restricted to Rolex!), I have decided to make some effort to put some semblance for order and logic into a 'new look" collection. Very much an effort in progress. So here is one theme; Explorer 6350, and it's siblings 6610 and 1016 , all Gilt CR.

Photobucket

And maybe, stretch the "Explorer" theme to include their big cousins, the other Explorer dialled Rollies.

Photobucket

Excuse the rambling; Merry Christmas & Happy Good Hunting New Year!!!

Respond to this message   
Responses

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014