Return to Index  

Rolex UK... we want the Lost & Stolen Register back!!

December 16 2011 at 4:18 AM
  (Login mikewood)
VRF Contributing Member
from IP address 95.148.74.97

Please!!!

I just had a customer in with a Rolex Oysterdate Precision 6694 which he found in the street three years ago.

He didn't believe the watch was real, put it in the back of a drawer, and forgot about it.

Then he spotted a similar watch on television a few nights ago, and decided to get it checked by a jeweller.

Well, of course, it is real, with a crisp set of serial numbers, and a Rolex UK service mark in the back. I explained the Rolex case numbering system to him, and he was very happy for me to try to track down the original owner to return the watch.

So, several pleading telephone calls to Rolex UK, and I'm up against a stone wall.

The only way the watch can be checked is if it is submitted for a full overhaul. The service will either be completed and he will be invoiced accordingly; or the watch will be retained by Rolex if it is recorded on the Lost Register.

What a crock of sh**.

Somebody is genuinely trying to be honest, and Rolex UK appear completely disinterested...

sad.gif

This message has been edited by mikewood from IP address 95.148.74.97 on Dec 16, 2011 4:40 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014