Return to Index  

In the many years i've had my website...

December 23 2011 at 10:51 PM

fumanku  (Login fumanku)
VRF Member
from IP address 76.102.195.60

Response to How do you know your watch was NEVER POLISHED ??

I've only used the word UNPOLISHED on rare occasion.

The term is way overused, and sometimes sellers post pictures that contradict their loose interpretation of the word. Prior to the recent phenomena of overly critical and sometimes bordering on OCD collectors, it was always par with the course that a watch service would include a polish of the case. If we didn't own a watch since new, how could we know that it was unpolished??

I shudder at the thought of new and beginning collectors buying pieces that they believe are "unpolished", only to be getting either an expertly detailed case, or a watch that is badly in need of a polish, sold under the guise as untouched an original.

Finally someone has brought up what I feel has always been a sucker's marketing term in the vintage watch world.

This message has been edited by fumanku from IP address 76.102.195.60 on Dec 24, 2011 1:33 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014