Return to Index  

Rolex 1675 GMT - FADED Insert or NEW?

January 31 2012 at 1:06 PM

Dunc  (Login WingTsun)
from IP address 86.0.58.252

After receiving my '66 1675 GMT which really did look "new vintage" the thought of a faded insert began to slowly grow on me. I've never really understood the point of that particular look but as with much that has to do with WISdom I guess it's an acquired taste..

On arrival it looked liked this:

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

I decided to change the service hands the moment I saw them and I'm busy sourcing a set now (CAN ANYONE HERE HELP??) but until the last few days I hadn't thought a great deal about the insert. However, looking at a couple of million photos of them, including Tony's, planted the seed and in the end I decided to go for it. I knew that the colours I would want would be pretty much the same as Tony had on his GMT but finding a similar one that didn't look like it had been dragged behind a truck from LA to Vegas proved quite a challenge. :lol:

Fortunately, whilst chatting to Tony one evening it emerged that he (or should I say "she" ((Bea)) was not averse to changing his insert to a slightly more pink version..Hmm..the only thing to do was to buy Tony his insert of choice and swap 'em over!! Today we did just that and I have to say I'm very pleased with result!

The above has transformed into this..

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

So, the question is, have I done the right thing?

Oh..and if anyone can help me source a set of hands to match that dial PLEASE contact me!! happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Responses

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014