Return to Index  

The truth is none of us were there or have first hand knowledge

February 12 2012 at 6:32 AM
fatyboyharris  (Login fatboyharris)
VRF Member
from IP address 78.86.97.77

Response to but why has no service paper stated that the dial..

of what happened back then.

There are just too many pretty substancial 'key' events in which we seem to see changes reflected in dials not to draw some conclusions from it. Whether they are the right ones I'm sure is subject to debate for some time to come, and I'm sure categoric evidence from irrefutable sources may never be found to substanciate. You never know I keep finding all sorts.

The bit I find interesting in all of this, is that changes to service centre or workshop instructions have not surfaced as yet as to the change in dial materials and dial handling procedures...............radium was tightly controlled following on from the 1920 dial painters scare......yet tritium wasn't seen as dangerous. We see (as yet) no changes in handling procedures, disposal requirements, storage, emergency treatment if exposed to  a tritium substance etc.

All very strange

regards

John

Respond to this message   
Responses

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014