Return to Index  

Stealing Images...

March 8 2012 at 5:47 AM
  (Login RolexHistorian)
from IP address 24.130.140.104

Response to This Jake dude is the reason why I put my name on all my pics..He stole mine as well..

Hi Arthur,

I stole nothing from you or anybody else. RolexMagazine.com and Jake's Rolex World are an editorial publication, and as such have the legal right, under the Fair Use Doctrine to publish copyrighted images without the permission of the copyright holder.

"Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test. The term fair use originated in the United States. A similar principle, fair dealing, exists in some other common law jurisdictions. Civil law jurisdictions have other limitations and exceptions to copyright."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

Arthur, I can't seriously believe you are so self-aggrandizing. I shared your image with my readers so they could enjoy it in the same spirit in which you published them. By the way, putting ugly water-marks or graphics on top of your images, with a copyright designation is just about as self-aggrandizing as it gets. Doing so is basically like getting a tattoo. The only person who things their tattoo looks good, is the person who got it.

Jake

Respond to this message   
Responses

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014