Return to Index  

It's not a particularly nice head so I would only personally value that at 4K>

March 11 2012 at 4:20 AM

Steve.P  (Login 2wsxcde3)
VRF Member
from IP address 210.3.88.66

Response to One question for Steve

It would be 5K+ if it were really nice and even more if it were absolutely perfect.

As for placing a value on the dial and hands it is down to the buyer and how badly he wants it.

I feel I had a great deal paying 7K for mine on a good fat head and know I could get that back all day long with no problem at all with the dial and hands. A nice condition 'folding clasp' WG bracelet adds another 5K (3K-ish for concealed) if you are ever lucky enough to find one.

So I reckon the dial and hands are worth between 1K-2K depending on condition and how nice you make the total finished package look.

So for this watch you are doing well at anything below 5K. After that it's down to how badly you want it. Do not pay over 6 unless your prepared to buy another perfect watch and do some scallywagging around back and forth with the parts. Remember you have to buy bezel, gaskets and best to budget for a tube also.

I reckon you're gonna be lucky & get it for somewhere between 3 and 4 as long as no one else bidding saw this post. The seller doesn't know what he's got and already screwed himself by calling it Junk.

Not at all crazy money when you consider where these watches were priced when new and especially when compared to sports models and what people pay/lose for the nuances. Think logically and it will all make sense for itself.

DD's are a great deal still happy.gif

Steve

This message has been edited by 2wsxcde3 from IP address 210.3.88.66 on Mar 11, 2012 4:33 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014