Return to Index  

Holy early Daytona 6263 - in Love!

April 2 2012 at 7:38 AM

(Login Greatgatsby)
VRF Member
from IP address 87.144.76.86

Hello, my friends!

Just wanted to share my new toy - a very early Daytona 6263 from first owner!

It has a great Provenance, got it from the grandson and I am now waiting for the letter where he wants to write me something about. His grandfather was the british charge of consular
in Mexico, and because of his love for Cessna he bought the Daytona in the early 70s. His family still lives in Mexico, but he planned to come to London last weekend and it was the
possibility to meet him. Well, i couldn't made it, asked some friends but unfortunatly it was not easy to manage - so, Percy, owner of the German RLX forum and a good friend of mine,
decided to fly to London and meet him -- THANK YOU, PERCY !!!!

Some details about this beauty: no engraving in the inner caseback, it is absolutly UNTOUCHED, even the first Plexy Glas is on it with aging. The watch was the last 26 years in a drawer.
Condition is really spectacular, and all details on this watch are screaming MK1 ! happy.gif

Serial number is 26xxxxx - so it is from the 1971. The first owner had no need for the Papers or Box, like most first owners, but he kept the original Rolex Cosmograph booklet, also
first series from 10.1971. The early 6263s and 6265s share nearly everything with the Daytona 6240:

- same case than the later 6240s (first 6240 has a round case)
- same MK1 6263/65 dial and hands as later 6240 (both have the small triangle Stop hand, just the 6240 has the thin second hand)
- same MK1 Bakelite bezel
- same MK1 crown and tube
- same MK1 Pushers (one of the sexiest detail in Rolex history for me)

At the moment I wear the 6263 on black Nato, here is a fast shot from today! Can't say, WHAT A HAPPY GUY I AM !!

Thanks for looking!
Werner

PS: dear Tom, always remember your fantastic 6240 - this is a little younger brother! happy.gif

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Respond to this message   
Responses

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014