Another Navy Rolex...April 5 2012 at 9:06 AM
VRF Contributing Member
from IP address 22.214.171.124
but this time a private purchase by a serving Navy man in Singapore in 1957: a Explorer #6610 Officially Certified Chronometer.
Just back from spa treatment; the dial is a bit craggy (even though it is 55!), but I love the big gilt (radium) hands!
Lots of nice paperwork, including the purchase receipt for S$275, guarantee booklet, Chronometer ratings certificate, and 1962 Rolex UK service paperwork when the Navy man got home!
I'm sure I can squeeze just a little space in my treasure box to make way for this one!
- Amazing! Those hands are stunning. Congrats Mike! - David Kim on Apr 5, 2012, 9:11 AM
- Great catch. Big congrats Mike!! - Arturo ORTIZ on Apr 5, 2012, 9:51 AM
- Happy man, Mike !! - Gatsby on Apr 5, 2012, 10:33 AM
- what a big easter egg - Marcus on Apr 5, 2012, 11:33 AM
- Very very nice!!! Warm compliments ;-) - revorbaro on Apr 5, 2012, 12:00 PM
- NICE! nt - Steve.P on Apr 5, 2012, 12:46 PM
- Cool!! - Philipp on Apr 5, 2012, 1:01 PM
- Perfect mate.... - Ross Povey on Apr 5, 2012, 1:55 PM
- Dont do it! - fatboyharris on Apr 5, 2012, 1:56 PM
- Love it Mike! As I do the rest of your collection! :-) (nt) - Mauiguy on Apr 6, 2012, 12:29 AM
- wow, an Explorer from Singapore - Mr.Gatzby on Apr 7, 2012, 4:55 AM