Insiders view: This is what Alfredo Paramico has bought recently as Watch Fund Manager...April 12 2012 at 2:32 AM
Philipp (Login philippstahl)
VRF Contributing Member
from IP address 188.8.131.52
I got the end of March Performance email where we can read about Mr. Paramico's market view and experiences. For your interest, here are some quote's about recent quarter market comment, strategy of second quarter, a portfolio analyse and display of new purchases. This give you a quick understanding from what's going on. I read Alfredo also thinks Geneva will be wild on PPC's, I think for top & rarest quailty, there's no estimate. More are interested to buy but less is coming to the market, next logic is rocket prizing. Besides the top examples, we see many collectors act on top condition and 100 % originality has become the keyword to buy any Rolex or Patek Philippe reference and the 'game' for some out there to hunt them down by selling their sport collection and getting themselves lost with colorful DayDates, or early old gold Oyster Chronographs. These trends will set a new prices level for those that are until now still under valued. So it's not only about the best in $$, passion of collecting vintage watches has become finding the best possible condition. You can do this for 5-10K or when you like and are able to, for 5-10 Million a year. The game will be the same, first condition, then originality, then rarity, provenance and likeability, add fashion and personal tatste. Follow these guidelines and you've lots of fun & a very profitable collection at the end!
Market Comment of last quarter..
Strategy: "We are riding the wave of Rolex Sport Watches..."
Slowly the market understands how rare good examples in honest conditions are! Within a year top quality of the most sought after grail Rolex will rize at lleast 25 %.
My handfull of pure Rolex History is getting more valuable while reading this, haha!
- Hey... - Janit Smith on Apr 12, 2012, 3:06 AM
- You are on the money Philipp, however > - Steve.P on Apr 12, 2012, 3:19 AM
- Always interesting reading Alfredo's observations - Morgan on Apr 12, 2012, 4:01 AM
- It appears to me a FEW are trying to drive up prices--there are - Lou on Apr 12, 2012, 5:58 AM
- "Tulipmania" Lol! - Detlev on Apr 12, 2012, 7:24 AM
- While I certainly understand this concept and approach to "collecting"... - tomvox1 on Apr 12, 2012, 10:00 AM
- Tom, you think in terms of always be possible to buy your dream Rolex, where I say - Philipp on Apr 12, 2012, 10:26 AM
- I am in the hobby of collecting watches I like and will wear--more - Lou on Apr 12, 2012, 10:50 AM
- Hey, you posted this "prospectus", I'm just giving you my honest opinion. Truth be told... - tomvox1 on Apr 12, 2012, 11:24 AM
- Go easy Tom, Alfredo is a genius..! - Mike Wood on Apr 12, 2012, 1:40 PM
- That's so cheap Tom!!....... - Philipp on Apr 12, 2012, 3:28 PM
- So let me get this straight P. I give this man some money - Julian on Apr 12, 2012, 5:46 PM
- I think you need to lighten up, big fella. I can understand if you don't like my sense... - tomvox1 on Apr 12, 2012, 6:10 PM
- So let me get this straight P. I give this man some money - Julian on Apr 12, 2012, 6:18 PM
- Wow...this hit some raw nerves... - ChronoR on Apr 13, 2012, 9:23 AM
- + 1 Spot on!! - Philipp on Apr 13, 2012, 9:59 AM
- Sophistication of the product/market has its ups and downs - fatboyharris on Apr 13, 2012, 1:28 PM
- "The world is a competitive arena..." - tomvox1 on Apr 13, 2012, 3:19 PM
- +1 TH! Boom & bust is part of the game for any fund managers - Lunette Verde on Apr 13, 2012, 10:22 PM
- Spot on! - fatboyharris on Apr 14, 2012, 12:51 AM
- Naive? Really? - ChronoR on Apr 14, 2012, 2:58 AM
- "My desire for a deeper more sophisticated market for Rolex is the exact opposite of naive - Philipp on Apr 14, 2012, 3:21 AM
- Then why are so many markets regulated........... - fatboyharris on Apr 14, 2012, 3:22 AM
- John.... - ChronoR on Apr 14, 2012, 5:25 AM
- it all comes down to your values in life. if money is your mayor value, everything is good - joachim kretzschmar on Apr 14, 2012, 6:00 AM
- I don't think I have missed many oportunities in the watch market unless... - tomvox1 on Apr 14, 2012, 9:42 AM
- Tom... - ChronoR on Apr 14, 2012, 10:10 AM
- I have already 'invested in chrono - Mario on Apr 12, 2012, 10:54 AM