So let me get this straight P. I give this man some moneyApril 12 2012 at 6:18 PM
|Julian (Login watch-guy.com)|
VRF Contributing Member
from IP address 184.108.40.206
Response to That's so cheap Tom!!.......
he then goes out and buys some high end pieces for investment purposes. I never get to see or wear the pieces he buys( and I assume no one else does)/
This drives up the prices of the pieces we all want to collect.
This helps me - How????
We have had this discussion s before on this forum, BJS forum and TZ.
Watches are never an investment vehicle.
The only people who will make money this way are the brokers who take a cut on the way up.
I do not see this as a positive in any way.
I like every one else here do not like to buy pieces that will go down in value but this is madness.
my 2c ( which after this current craze may only be worth 0.5c)
- Wow...this hit some raw nerves... - ChronoR on Apr 13, 2012, 9:23 AM
- + 1 Spot on!! - Philipp on Apr 13, 2012, 9:59 AM
- Sophistication of the product/market has its ups and downs - fatboyharris on Apr 13, 2012, 1:28 PM
- "The world is a competitive arena..." - tomvox1 on Apr 13, 2012, 3:19 PM
- +1 TH! Boom & bust is part of the game for any fund managers - Lunette Verde on Apr 13, 2012, 10:22 PM
- Spot on! - fatboyharris on Apr 14, 2012, 12:51 AM
- Naive? Really? - ChronoR on Apr 14, 2012, 2:58 AM
- "My desire for a deeper more sophisticated market for Rolex is the exact opposite of naive - Philipp on Apr 14, 2012, 3:21 AM
- Then why are so many markets regulated........... - fatboyharris on Apr 14, 2012, 3:22 AM
- John.... - ChronoR on Apr 14, 2012, 5:25 AM
- it all comes down to your values in life. if money is your mayor value, everything is good - joachim kretzschmar on Apr 14, 2012, 6:00 AM
- I don't think I have missed many oportunities in the watch market unless... - tomvox1 on Apr 14, 2012, 9:42 AM
- Tom... - ChronoR on Apr 14, 2012, 10:10 AM