Return to Index  

In defence of Rolex >

April 28 2012 at 9:00 PM

Steve.P  (Login 2wsxcde3)
VRF Member
from IP address 58.8.110.160

Response to Disgusting experience from Rolex UK

their job is to give you the very best watch back possible and do not involve themselves with sentimental or monetary value. An old and aging part is exactly that to them. You must give them specific instructions not to change something you want to keep, which makes their life difficult having to then guarantee something when they have restrictions placed on them.

Remember, Rolex make these service replacement parts for old watches to keep them alive and customers happy. The average man would be overjoyed at getting a fresh dial and not being charged for it.

Personally I would not use Rolex for vintage watches. I do not like the idea of handing something over to a shop assistant and hoping for the best. Their people are trained to follow rules and do not like dealing with exceptions.

I once heard of Rolex taking a MilSub and handing it back, thinking they've looked after their client, with new dial and hands - destroying the value of the watch - it was not Rolex fault as he has not given specific instructions.

Unless you have a special relationship it is better to stick to a local watchmaker who knows Rolex like the back of his hand. Finding this kind of artisan can be difficult in the UK though.

I've heard that if Rolex take out a dial, they bend it in half and throw it in the bin - so you'll be lucky to retrieve that one. You had better hope they haven't , if they did a dial swap and only charged you for a service then they have actually looked after you as a customer very well from the actual servicing standpoint.

Best of luck with the result next week. I hope you can get your dial back.

Steve

This message has been edited by 2wsxcde3 from IP address 58.8.110.160 on Apr 28, 2012 9:10 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014