Return to Index  

Incoming!!!

May 16 2012 at 5:24 AM

(Login LTF_1)
VRF Member
from IP address 188.222.242.54

I do love the Explorer. Both the I and II really appeal to me, and whilst I bagged a lovely tritium 14270 a while back I'd pretty much forgotten about it's cousin, the 16570 "Polar", and let it fall off the radar a little.

I've actually hankered after a really nice tritium piece for quite some time, and even turned down the offer of a great example a while back because the patina wasn't dark enough to tempt me to take up the offer. However, a recent opportunity turned up just what I'd been waiting for, and it (a 1993 16570, that is) duly arrived today looking even nicer in the metal than I'd hoped. Complete with box and booklets, and a very recent service warranty from Bill Rice to complete the set.

Here's a few immediate shots - I'm struggling a little with a new lighting set-up but I think they've turned out quite nicely. I can honestly say that I've never liked a watch so much upon putting it on my wrist. What do you reckon?

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

---
Tony

Respond to this message   
Responses

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014