Return to Index  

OT Da Black Bay Arrivia Down Under >>

May 31 2012 at 3:30 PM

Hammer  (Login HammerHammer)
VRF Member
from IP address 60.226.140.109

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

My first new Tudor purchase since the early 90's but I just couldn't help myself wink.gif

The price point was perfect for a daily beater and the overall package with the bracelet and nato strap combo suited me perfectly , in the wheelchair bracelets cop a flogging so straps seem to work the best , bloody push rims SUCK wink.gif

I think what attracted me to this watch more than anything was that it represented an era when Tudor created the concepts and made special tool watches , real watches , and rather than being a re-edition of any one Ref , it shares many design elements over a 20 year period so she is more of a homage respectful to the DNA of the brand in the early years more so than just one specific Ref happy.gif

The abundance of the gilt fonts , tudor rose and chapter ring , set off by the pink gold Indice surrounds and snowflake hands is just glorious view to on the watch , the seconds hand is perfectly balanced and with the Diamond marker it matches the snowflake hour hand to a TREAT , the coin edged bezel is so nicely balanced and the bezel ratchet systems has a firm but easy click rotation , OHHH and the DOMED lens is the cream on the cake it's sets the look of the head perfectly , Old Skool like happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

The case is superb , very high and thick which marries with the bigger case overall ,, a certain symmetry exists , the chamfers on the lugs are dreamy , if I had to knock one thing ? It would be the tiny red bezel that the crown screws onto , that and I'd have loved to see a much FATTER crown rather than the thin one , diameter of the crown is perfect just wish she was a Fatty wink.gif

The bracelet is super wide to accommodate the 22mm lug size and again is a nice marriage with the heft and size of the case , finishing on it is flawless and the buckle design very distinctive I like it allot , uniquely different from an oyster bracelet with no real taper to speak of happy.gifhappy.gif 

I could go on about the bezel , crown , case , finish , snowflakes , rose , overall package of boxset and accompaniments etc etc , but it would be redundant to do so happy.gif

This watch just WORKS ! 

Well for me anyway the perfect wheelchair beater on a NATO it's Bad ASS happy.gifhappy.gif

BANG for ya Buck with all that she comes with ,, well she is HARD to beat happy.gifhappy.gif

Excuse the crappy iPhone images , Jocke hasn't shown me how he does it with his yet wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Tudor NATO >>>

Nice buckle and keepers >>

Old Skool NATO >>>

"Power Up"

Cheers Hammer happy.gif

PLEASE EXCUSE THE TYPO'S IM USING VOICE RECOGNITION SOFTWARE TO TYPE THIS JUST LMK IF ANY CLARIFICATION IS REQUIRED ??

Respond to this message   
Responses

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014