Return to Index  

Rolex Cellini

June 17 2012 at 9:43 AM
Howard  (Login thedaw)
from IP address

In June of 1971 I purchased 2 18K Rolex Cellini watches from what at the time was a highly respected retailer called Bucherer in Geneva, Switzerland. One of the watches had an 18K gold band that was built into the watch by Rolex and the other , which has a chocolate brown face, has a Rolex Crocodile band. I bought an extra Rolex Crocodile band to use at some point as a replacement band, but the original is still in great condition so I have the brand new extra band as well.

I am now interested in selling the watch and the extra watch band and in trying to do some research I'm reading things that I don't understand and find somewhat troubling.

First, I've read that Rolex introduced the Cellini 1n 1975. If that's true, how did I buy 2 of them in 1971 ?

Second, The Rolex clasp on both watch bands indicates that the clasps are stainless steel or sterling silver with gold plating. The clasp is stamped PLAQUE G ROLEXSA SWISS . Why would Rolex put a band with a clasp like that on what is/was a quite expensive watch ?

I have lots of pictures of the watch and extra band that I can send to anyone that can offer some help. If I do sell these I want to make sure that I don't misrepresent what is being sold.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Respond to this message   

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2015