Return to Index  

Rolex Cellini

June 17 2012 at 9:43 AM
Howard  (Login thedaw)
from IP address 65.96.71.95

In June of 1971 I purchased 2 18K Rolex Cellini watches from what at the time was a highly respected retailer called Bucherer in Geneva, Switzerland. One of the watches had an 18K gold band that was built into the watch by Rolex and the other , which has a chocolate brown face, has a Rolex Crocodile band. I bought an extra Rolex Crocodile band to use at some point as a replacement band, but the original is still in great condition so I have the brand new extra band as well.

I am now interested in selling the watch and the extra watch band and in trying to do some research I'm reading things that I don't understand and find somewhat troubling.

First, I've read that Rolex introduced the Cellini 1n 1975. If that's true, how did I buy 2 of them in 1971 ?

Second, The Rolex clasp on both watch bands indicates that the clasps are stainless steel or sterling silver with gold plating. The clasp is stamped PLAQUE G ROLEXSA SWISS . Why would Rolex put a band with a clasp like that on what is/was a quite expensive watch ?

I have lots of pictures of the watch and extra band that I can send to anyone that can offer some help. If I do sell these I want to make sure that I don't misrepresent what is being sold.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014