Removing a stubborn slotted case-back. Any ideas ?June 28 2012 at 5:01 PM
from IP address 188.8.131.52
I'm trying to liberate a perfectly functioning Valjoux 72 from it's horrible old (no-value) case but the slotted caseback simply won't budge.
None of my case opening tools have worked. Penetrating oil hasn't helped - nor has a hairdryer or a night in the deep-freeze - all suggested by an engineer friend.
Two (real) watchmakers have also tried and failed, even when resorting to punch and hammer (with my permission).
Any other tricks of the trade would be really welcome - thanks in advance.
- if the case has no value try to (very carefully) cut the case ... (nt) - jatucka (rob) on Jun 28, 2012, 5:12 PM
- No need to cut the case - Tom on Jun 28, 2012, 5:24 PM
- Thanks for the tips guys. Appreciated (nt) - Paul on Jun 29, 2012, 3:32 AM
- our watch maker's method...never fails - janice maturo on Jun 30, 2012, 12:05 AM
- Re: Removing a stubborn slotted case-back. Any ideas ? - Ara on Jun 30, 2012, 2:26 PM
- Thanks Janice and Ara - both idea are worth a go ! - Paul on Jul 2, 2012, 8:23 PM
Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.
Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014