Return to Index  

Once you start with the faded bezels being unacceptable , where will it all end?

August 9 2012 at 1:53 PM
fatboyharris  (Login fatboyharris)
VRF Member
from IP address 78.86.97.77

Response to What does the forum think about the proliferation of 'faded' inserts?

I believe you are absolutely correct to challenge the 'authenticity' of such components, but why just stop at faded bezels.

It never ceases to amaze me the depths people will go to to make that extra buck.........................at the end of the day they are slowly but surely bringing the whole 'hobby' into disrepute, which may eventually back fire on them as it will be impossible to distinquish manufactured effect from genuine and as the market becomes flooded with  these items, the price premium for such items will surely become eroded.

I would suggest that the market place should be for complete watches only, no loose parts, dials etc less opportunity for taking advantage of others with what ever is the current 'in' thing. There are plenty of other forums and sales platforms available, that no-one will be disadvantaged.

I'm sure others will disagree, each to their own,  its good to see such a positive stand is being considered by VRF

regards

John

Respond to this message   

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014