Public Service Announcement: High Quality Fake DialsJuly 31 2014 at 8:25 AM
Eric Ku (Premier Login VintageRolexForum)
from IP address 220.127.116.11
I have amended the title of this thread and have added more pictures of even more high quality fake dials that are being disseminated to unsuspecting collectors. Some are not that great, but some are quite good. Notice that the forgers are even making simulated wear on the dials, down to worn minute markers along the edge of the dial. (Like would naturally occur on a used dial)
The dials apparently are being printed on original plates of varying make such as Beyeler, Singer, etc. Its not confirmed wether the plates are really genuine, or just appear to be genuine.
There are many pics here, so I will again break them down.
There have been very high quality fake gilt and 3-6-9 dials that have been floating around for some time. I was sent these pics earlier this year, and have decided to share them all with you here, as I have seen these watches coming to market recently. They are very good quality, and come in all sorts of variations. They are not perfect, but very very close. It appears that several of these have surfaced in Europe, and are being sold as genuine.
Please be very careful when you are buying these types of watches, especially considering the dollars involved now.
As there are many pics, I'll break them down and attach them to this thread.
|This message has been edited by VintageRolexForum from IP address 18.104.22.168 on Jul 31, 2014 11:55 PM|
- Pics I - Eric Ku on Jul 31, 2014, 8:25 AM
- Pics II - Eric Ku on Jul 31, 2014, 8:27 AM
- Pics III - Eric Ku on Jul 31, 2014, 8:28 AM
- good job, thank you very much for sharing, Eric (nt) - fletch01 (marcus) on Jul 31, 2014, 8:51 AM
- thank you Sir...(nt) - Heimo on Jul 31, 2014, 9:01 AM
- Thanks Eric-- super!!! - Lou on Jul 31, 2014, 9:02 AM
- Thanks Eric, i have heard of some in the uk. - Scurfa on Jul 31, 2014, 9:19 AM
- Good to know, thanks Eric! - David Kim on Jul 31, 2014, 9:24 AM
- Fantastic - thank you - Le Monde Edmond on Jul 31, 2014, 10:00 AM
- good job eric...i see phillip has put the full range up on RPM too. - jed on Jul 31, 2014, 1:56 PM
- Thanks. Also helpful would be... - AdaminWA on Jul 31, 2014, 4:58 PM
- More Dials I - Eric Ku on Jul 31, 2014, 11:53 PM
- More Dials II - Eric Ku on Jul 31, 2014, 11:53 PM
- More Dials III - Eric Ku on Jul 31, 2014, 11:54 PM
- More Dials IV - Eric Ku on Jul 31, 2014, 11:55 PM
- More Dials V - Eric Ku on Jul 31, 2014, 11:55 PM
- More Dials VI - Eric Ku on Jul 31, 2014, 11:56 PM
- Fake Backs I - Eric Ku on Jul 31, 2014, 11:59 PM
- Fake Backs II - Eric Ku on Jul 31, 2014, 11:59 PM
- Cheers for this EK! nt - Lunette Verde on Aug 1, 2014, 1:05 AM
- very nice collection of ... - marcello pisani on Aug 1, 2014, 1:10 AM
- Great info but... - Dave McD on Aug 1, 2014, 3:33 AM
- All serious collectors should invest in ...... - 16651655 on Aug 1, 2014, 3:59 AM
- Thanks Eric.. - Rusi on Aug 1, 2014, 6:26 AM
- Thanks Eric for the update - David Kim on Aug 1, 2014, 6:27 AM
- Fantastic, Eric, thank you so much for sharing this info ! - MdV on Aug 1, 2014, 12:36 PM
- Thanks Eric. They are very scarey as some are excellent . Appreciate the heads up - julian on Aug 1, 2014, 5:50 PM
- A lot of work has gone into this post.... Thank you, Eric! - Mike Wood on Aug 1, 2014, 11:39 PM