Return to Index  

Tritium dust started to corroded the dial

April 14 2017 at 8:34 PM
Luckyl  (Login luckyhsld)
from IP address 110.138.0.173

Dear All friends & gurus,

I've noticed that in a couple of years, the tritium dust on my 5513 dial have started to corroded the dial causing the dial and/or dust become a black spot. Do any body experienced this before and is there any way to prevent it getting worsen... maybe by cleaning the dust away. I m planning to used a tiny rodico paste and try to extract the dust very slowly one by one dust at a time.. I know I will spend hours/days to do this, but if it can be done I am willing to do it. Have tried to bring to my watchmaker but seems they hesitate to do anything to it.

I noticed from this forum several dealers selling their very clean 5513 without any tritium dust around the pot. Is this because they did clean it or is it really exist that after 40 years some dial still contain no dust? This make me wonder all the time. Should I go ahead try to do this project or have to live with this corroded dust.

Many thanks in advance for all the advice.

Luckyl

Respond to this message   
Responses

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2017