Return to Index  

both 34mm and 36mm have their unique

April 18 2017 at 5:20 AM
Karl  (Login OysterCollector)
VRF Member
from IP address 118.210.183.101

Response to 34mm oysterdates too smal? 36mm datejust any better?

qualities about them. I remember a time back around 1979/1980 when the quartz and slim lined watches were the hype and in my opinion a style that naver goes out of fashion, that those bulky thick early 1970's timepieces were so unsightly that they were hard to give away. It looks with the new trend, that those bulky pieces have returned in fashion, but are more grossly obese than their forefathers, where you would need an arm sling to wear one without banging into a door opening.

I still believe that anything from 34, 35 and 36 mm (and the sports 38-40mm divers) range all have an impact as for daily wearers where they can have a dualily effect of being both a tool watch and a dress watch at the same time. I recall that a watch was always judged according to how flat and thin it was and also how functional it was as a tool at the same time, especially recalling in 1981; with the the flat PVD Omega Divers watch with caliber 1332 being advertised as a watch with two identities fitting to be both a divers watch and a watch worn with your tuxedo. Rolex models were just right being in the middle of the road where they still had an appeal about them.

Believe me that it won't be long that all these heavy bulky pieces will soon go out of fashion just as quick as they came in. I was never appealed by those heavyweight arm anchors back in the 70's. 80's nor today to say the least.

I say let it grow on you and enjoy your 34mm in good health and admire it for what it is.

Respond to this message   

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2017