Return to Index  

I used to trust USPS implicitly...until

October 4 2017 at 12:47 PM
RolexWatchTime  (Login RolexWatchTime)
VRF Moderator
from IP address 99.67.238.110

Response to USPS registered mail(parcel) discountinued to Canada and Europe/Asia and other countries

Mike Wood generously forwarded me a very rare item via Royal Mail Signed For...This would be the equivalent of Registered Mail USPS...and treated the same way when it was in the USA.

Registered mail is an expensive proposition and painfully slow because of it's precision...it should be fool proof...each time the parcel changes hands or at the end of the day it is locked and logged. The last person who signs it in or out is responsible...theoretically...well until something goes wrong.

I tracked this to "out for delivery" status. It never came to my mailbox and no notice was ever given that it had been attempted to be delivered nor was it ever stated as attempted to be delivered in the tracking history. It remained "out for delivery" until it was removed from the records. The parcel simply vanished. The post office literally did NOT give a shit. Sorry for my French.

They shined it on like it was tough luck. This was basically not something of huge value, but not something one could simply go get another one somewhere. I made repeated visits to the post office and pushed them to hound the carrier...they would have none of it. They just didn't care.

They said he is welcome to make a claim...and basically slammed the door.

What was once the most secure method of transport next to armored car became 100% useless on that day.

This message has been edited by RolexWatchTime from IP address 99.67.238.110 on Oct 4, 2017 12:49 PM

Respond to this message   

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2017