Problems with seller after purchase and payment, before shipment: seller changed his mind.November 1 2017 at 8:44 PM
Ellepi (Login ellepi)
from IP address 220.127.116.11
Dear Vrf pals,
I wrote to ask your suggestions .
Yesterday, while on a holiday in Usa, I found a very interesting watch from a local dealer. Price was high ( about Us$ 40k) but very good for the watch. The seller probably did not realize the watch was a collectable piece valued over 60k and so did I .
Please note: I paid his asking price .
We signed a sale receipt with all the infos and serial number of the watch ( model number was not correct ) , I gave him hand-hand a cash advanced payment of about 10% and ordered my bank to wire the balance of 90% ; considering the wire would take 2-3 days, we decided to have the watch delivered to my hotel the next destination city in my Usa trip.
Today the seller contacts me, telling strange stories: he did not realize it was a expensive and rare watch, that he promised the watch to another guy, that his supplier wants the watch back, and so on bla bla bla.
Offering me only refund and telling me he will not send the watch.
I replied I want the watch I paid and I will be firm. The seller did not change his position.
What would you do? I really want to get the watch I paid for, but I don’t want either to be forced to file a lawsuit, have money gone and no watch in my wrist while waiting for the judge’s decision.
|This message has been edited by ellepi from IP address 18.104.22.168 on Nov 1, 2017 8:45 PM|
- Well it was 33% under priced... - Roger on Nov 2, 2017, 5:22 AM
- In Italy the seller should give back twice the amount received - Marco on Nov 2, 2017, 6:36 AM
- I don't see how you can enforce the sale... - Richard Carver on Nov 2, 2017, 10:45 AM
- for this Adelaide- Australia had tough laws on this - Karl on Nov 2, 2017, 6:45 PM
- My view - Fab on Nov 2, 2017, 6:51 PM
- Seems pretty clear to me... - Mike Wood on Nov 3, 2017, 3:47 AM
- US Law-- Here's your answer - Descartes on Nov 5, 2017, 5:34 AM
- It's your watch now, or should be... - Karl on Nov 5, 2017, 7:52 AM
- The seller - r88tbeer on Nov 5, 2017, 2:11 PM
- My analysis - Mouse_at_Large on Nov 6, 2017, 2:55 AM
- totally agree with Nikos and Mike Wood - Karl on Nov 7, 2017, 9:26 PM
- Re: Problems with seller after purchase and payment, before shipment: seller changed his mind. - Robby on Nov 14, 2017, 3:57 AM
- No update as yet? My concern would now be focused on - fatboyharris on Nov 15, 2017, 2:43 AM