Return to Index  

Mr. Hofstetter is missed. I believe

November 9 2017 at 1:01 AM
RolexWatchTime  (Login RolexWatchTime)
VRF Moderator
from IP address 99.67.238.110

Response to Re: i know the last person at the desk named patrick hoffstetter, he is a very nice guy ...

the new man is Jaques Robert.

My friend visited on my recommendation for having his 16600 looked after.

He had a very pleasing experience with the entire process.

If you are going anyway...connect with Tropigold and take the watch in person.

See what they say. Everything can run the proverbial gamut and one doesn't really know until they ask what will happen.

Things are tougher and tougher over there and vintage is more and more expensive. You also have to know that

like anyone else...they aren't going to like to do a partial job. Hypothetical....The situation being...you bring them your watch Vlad.

You think everything is great. They do what you ask. They replace the dial and hand it back to you.

You take it back and say..."it ran great when you got it, now it is running erratically and losing or gaining time...and it fogged up with the new dial

when I got it wet and now I sue you.

This...is why watchmakers and Rolex too, don't do partial jobs. It is also why they insist on changing crowns, crystals and case tubes. They know that

the law of averages is in their favor with new parts and they have far less headaches and comebacks.

This is what you are going to find yourself up against. Being it is that old of a movement..720 .... it's not something that they deal with on a daily basis even

in their vintage department because most people are not going to pay the money.

When they did my 3133 in 1985...they had alREADy stopped taking 620-775 movements altogether. That was 32 YEARS ago.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2017