Return to Index  

No I don't think it would quite that severe...

November 9 2017 at 10:43 AM
RolexWatchTime  (Login RolexWatchTime)
VRF Moderator
from IP address 99.67.238.110

Response to Re: Mr. Hofstetter is missed. I believe

The movement being COA yes.

They probably do have whatever parts they might need but it also might likely not require any really.

They will do the best they can with what you have on the movement at a price.

As LONG as you are not missing any parts.

That date disc is not the same type and really it doesn't wear or cause the same types of issues...it's a solid piece same as 6694 etc.

They won't require a case polish ever.

The hands...on a vintage watch especially this old I don't think they would require that. If the new dial is going to have lume material...they might likely

lume your hands so that they would match.

They won't replace the bubbleback crown with modern either. They didn't on my 3133. They may however tell you that the watch is NOT waterproof and cannot be made waterproof and that there is no

warranty against water resistance. They may not.

Those crowns exist...they likely have one. And the later versions had rubber gaskets.

Mine had the issue at the bezel to case. I corrected it years later. Michael made a special tool to remove the fixed screw on bezel and removed it for re lapping. I was able to put a thin silicone gasket underneath

and lock tite the threads on reinstalling it.

It's waterproof now. happy.gif

The price...they can set whatever they want.

The most unfortunate situation is when you are missing parts. That is insurmountable.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2017