Return to Index  

Dilemma

November 29 2017 at 3:58 AM
Jon  (Login jonhings)
from IP address 150.31.38.226

Hi all,

Any thoughts out there on this situation? I bought a piece recently, was very happy with it, price seemed fair etc. Then when browsing other watch stores, they enquired after my new purchase, but after examination immediately told me the hands had been re-lumed. Quite worried, I showed it to 2 other shops and they told me the same thing straight away. They all said it was worth around 2/3 of what I paid (I never told them what I paid).

I took it back to the shop where I bought it, and they said their experts had verified it and all was good. I asked who they were and they said "it's against policy to share that information". They then sent me to a "shop they trust" and when I arrived, the guy met me at the door and said "the watch is fine!". I asked if he knew the watch, and had inspected it. He said no. I asked him how hew knew it was fine. He reluctantly examined the watch, and after removing the batteries three times over in his lume examination tool, he said "its probably fine". I asked him if his store is comfortable authenticating? He said no, it's not his problem. But he said he'd pay 2/3 of what I paid for it.

The store I purchased it from has a 3 month return policy, but they said it's been too long to return it now (its been 2 months). I'd like to get it verified by an independant store, but they only trust "their experts" they said.

Any thoughts? If I knew it was all original, I'd keep it. If I knew it was relumed, and only paid 2/3rds of what I did, I'd be fine too. Its this being over charged and feeling like I've been misled which is eating away.

Thank you for reading, and moderators please remove if inappropriate etc.
Thanks and good evening.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2017