Return to Index  

Estate sale pickup - interesting numbers

February 3 2018 at 11:46 AM
Vlad  (Login oldempirellc)
VRF Member
from IP address 70.124.174.55

Pickuped up this unknown watch at a local estate sale for $10. Had a feeling that it was worth the asking price...

8j5Do9Ch.jpg

Came home, cleaned it up (i.e. new crystal, clean the case). Turned out to be a an Rolex Speedking, model 4220 with absolutely crisp numbers, original dial, original hands, and a perfectly functional crown.

KvguWggh.jpg

**** So, the first thing I did was to call the guy I bought the watch from, explained what he sold me, and offered more money. I'm sure some of the old timers remember a particular post from a member (I believe from New York) who proudly bragged about coming across a number of GMT/SUB bezels and inserts ... and explaining to the owner that "it's just a bunch of Timex parts" - I never ever ever going to behave in such a way.

Another interesting observation, this is the first Rolex I have ever seen with serial and model numbers on the same side (@ 6 o'clock) .... any one knows of any other examples????

bWjdj35h.jpg

Vlad

This message has been edited by oldempirellc from IP address 70.124.174.55 on Feb 3, 2018 11:52 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2017