Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: ++++ Indeed.
    • Nikos (Login greekbum)
      VRF Member
      Posted Aug 2, 2011 6:39 PM

What also amazes me is the number of mint cased watches that have surfaced in the last 2 years. In 22 years of collecting I have NEVER seen so many perfect bevels and not even a scratch on the case or sides of some sellers watches that are all unpolished....I have had and have some nice unpolished or lightly polished watches throughout the years but all had some scars (a scratch etc). I have new collectors tell me they only want unpolished watches.When I tell them its less than .05% of the watches out there they say they are everywhere for sale? Some case backs I see have numerous service marks but the case was never ever polished? LOL I think that some case re finishers have gotten very good with micro welding etc and the work is amazingly good.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.