Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • A Chrono New Year . . . but which one????
    • David (Login fadaman)
      VRF Member
      Posted Dec 30, 2011 9:28 PM

New Year's Eve is one of my favourite days of the year. Not only do I get to spend the evening with some great friends, but it is my son's 7th birthday and he is just the greatest boy I could ever hope for. It was a tough choice for which of my most sentimental chronos to wear, but the winner is revealed below. What will you be wearing at 12:00am January 1, 2012?

Group shot of the contenders:

Photobucket

My first watch, an Enicar Ocean Pearl chrono

Photobucket

Okay, not so sentimental, but oh so cool

Photobucket

A graduation gift from my father. I recall at the time thinking Breguet dials were among the most fantastic creations. Alas, I had just graduated college and at the time thought I could never own a Breguet, so this Girard Perregaux ticked all the boxes for me. Still one of my favourite watches.

Photobucket

A recent addition to the chrono family, a Richard Mille RM-004 split seconds chronograph. The most complicated watch I own. The movement is simply awesome to behold, surrounded by a white gold case that wears like a compact safe on your wrist.

Photobucket

But the hands down winner, the watch my father gave me a few years ago that will one day be my son's watch. A stunning 6239 that my father purchased new in 1968. My favourite watch.

Photobucket

Of all my watches, these tend to be my "feel good" selections. Happy New Year everyone.

Best, David
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.