Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Help on a Vintage Cosmograph 6240
    • (Login Faithworks)
      Posted Mar 29, 2012 12:11 PM

Hi All,

I am a newbie. I am administrating an estate for a relative and I have found a pre-daytona rolex. I had it serviced and the service shop said it was real and that it was valuable. I have been trying to figure out exactly what it may be worth. I don't have pictures now as it is with a jeweler who is appraising it, but to be honest I am not sure vintage Rolexes are his speciality. It has been serviced, but shows wear. The paperwork indicates it is a 6240. It is SS with a black bezel, silver dial, and black sub dials. The band is SS links, but it has a lot of droop to it - it is pretty stretched. The dial indicates "Rolex Cosmograph"

My concern is that it has the old style non-screw down buttons - and my research indicates the 6240 was the first model with scew downs. Could it be some where made without?

Thanks!
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014