Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Help on a Vintage Cosmograph 6240
    • Tim (Login Faithworks)
      Posted Mar 29, 2012 12:11 PM

Hi All,

I am a newbie. I am administrating an estate for a relative and I have found a pre-daytona rolex. I had it serviced and the service shop said it was real and that it was valuable. I have been trying to figure out exactly what it may be worth. I don't have pictures now as it is with a jeweler who is appraising it, but to be honest I am not sure vintage Rolexes are his speciality. It has been serviced, but shows wear. The paperwork indicates it is a 6240. It is SS with a black bezel, silver dial, and black sub dials. The band is SS links, but it has a lot of droop to it - it is pretty stretched. The dial indicates "Rolex Cosmograph"

My concern is that it has the old style non-screw down buttons - and my research indicates the 6240 was the first model with scew downs. Could it be some where made without?

Thanks!
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.