Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Not sure if they are the newest of the new but
    • (Login figcar)
      VRF Member
      Posted Mar 29, 2012 10:49 PM

I like the new version of the Prince and the 18k DateJust on hooded lugs and a leather strap. All of the "big" versions of prior models leave me unimpressed...no make that negatively impressed. I must say that vintage prices of the basic watches seems to be moving up...the lowly 1601, the 34mm models in gold, and especially gold bracelets all look to be up 50% over the last 12 months.

Is this part of the EZ Fed money causing all asset prices to swell...like the DOW at 13000? Or is it a slow rejection of the "new"? Maybe a little of each. I was talking to a "young'un" at a T-Mobile store the otherday and he admired my watch. He says his generation is going retro and is very into what their parents wore and did.

Anyone out there run into this?

John Ireland
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.