Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Dial could be original--it's correct for the serial number...
    • (Login tomvox1)
      VRF Dial Archive Curator
      Posted Apr 7, 2012 9:35 AM

...and earliest series matte dial as they began to replace the gilt versions circa 1966.
      Obviously, it is not possible to say without certainty that it is the one original installed in the watch but it very well could be.
      The rest would be as you surmise--later bracelet, later bezel insert (but still apparently Tritium pearl). Can't tell about the hands--they look very "fresh" but there is not enough color contrast in the pix to draw any real conclusions there. They could be matching originals in good shape for all I can see.
      I would think that box would be a mid-late 60s version but that is not my area of expertise, so hopefully one of the ephemera experts will chime in on that.
      For me, this is a nice early matte dial 5512, not very common, and if you get yourself a fat font insert the watch will be even better, although there is nothing particularly wrong with the one currently installed. A rivet 7206 with 80 ends (or 20mm USA rivet Oyster) is also nice to have for "period correct" reasons...but a 93150 is eminently more comfortable. happy.gif
      Good luck & welcome,
      Tom

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.