Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Anyone can "dare" add whatever they'd like to the discussion...
    • (Login tomvox1)
      VRF Dial Archive Curator
      Posted Aug 1, 2012 5:12 PM

...I have studied GMTs but I am not "The Authority" and I am certainly still learning (and trying to learn) all the time.
      I gave you my honest opinion and I am happy to hear more opinions on this topic even if they are completely different from mine.
      Much like a Sigma-dail 6240 Cosmo from 1965-7, these 2nd gen non-track Swiss T-25 dials do pop up in this ca. 62-63 serial number range--and many do--and they are a bit of an enigma to say the least, as they should come later. But if so many do occur within this period...why? Can't all be collectors swapping sooooo...maybe Rolex early replacements for some reason? Case in point, the watch you show has perfect matching hands to the dial. So maybe some cases sat around after being stamped and serialed for a year or two due to lack of demand (or something else?) and then were dialed?
      All opinions welcome on the matter. wink.gif
      Best,
      T.

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014