Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Unfortunately, this happens off of the forum as much as on...
    • Dave (Login davemcdus)
      VRF Member
      Posted Aug 9, 2012 5:01 PM

Last fall when I was looking at a watch at the IWJG show I had a dealer who is well known and used to sell a lot on the market forum offer to paint the hands on the watch to match the lume on the dial, after I commented that the hands looked much newer. Just a couple of months ago I was seriously considering buying a 1655 in an established brick and mortar store here in NYC. The price was very high so I asked if that was because it came with papers. The salesman responded "No, but we have open papers that I can give you to go with this watch."

Shady stuff, and of course it just hurts the sellers because I immediately started wondering what else they had fudged on those watches. That's why it's so great that this forum exists. I know someone's 5513 dial got totally destroyed and outed as a fake the other day, and while that must have stung to hear, that guy can now go ask for his money back AND know what to look for the next time. The experts here are really invaluable, and honestly pretty cool to take the time to help people out when they ask for it.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014