Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: … indeed in my opinion the long 5 should be called Mk1 ...
    • Adam S (Login adamtl)
      VRF Member
      Posted Nov 5, 2014 3:41 PM

      Fabrizio, thanks for the response, it made me spend the afternoon comparing inserts to try to get to the bottom of this. I have a long 5 insert that was made with a worn pad, when I compare it to a normal long 5 it's obvious to see that all the edges have become rounded and less sharp slightly larger too. The same can be seen when comparing an mk3 insert to an mk1, it wasn't obvious right away but the more I look the more I think that Glenn, Marcello and others may have been right. It's tough to change the name or nickname for something in our community, we have been calling them by their mk names for years. It's a little strange though if an mk1 is really just an mk3 who's pad was worn.
      Mk2 and mk2 worn pad version
      [linked image]
      Mk3 and 1
      [linked image]

      The long 5 should have been called mk1 and its worn pad brother, "mk1 kissing 40"
      And the current mk3 should have been called mk2 and its worn pad brother, "mk2 kissing 40"
      I think that would have been more appropriate considering
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login

      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

      Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)
    Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.


    Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

    Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2017