<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

I really love how freely many people throw around their "knowledge"

August 2 2011 at 5:50 PM

(Login stevemulholland3)
from IP address 70.127.187.52

or actually their lack there-of..
I too am just as guilty of sometimes jumping the gun on my opinion's..but at least I do let people know that they are just MY opinion's and that the only difinitive source for much of the Rolex enigma is Rolex itself..
recently I sold a friend of mine in Germany a lot of some original Domed 21's that have been getting dusty on my shelf..so I made hima deal and away they went..
Well these particular 21's,which mind you where still wrapped firmly in their ORIGINAL ROLEX PAPER STOCK...AND DATED FROM THE EARLY SEVENTIES,
differed slightly from his original crystal in the slope of the dome (which if some of you "experts" would do some research,you would in fact find there are 3 dome varients that I have uncovered..all from the correct era and all 100%...no..1000% original!),and his un-named "expert" friend notified him that these crystals where fake aftermarkets!!...lol..INDEED!..I geuss the fakers are really advanced these days!..they even know how to take early Rolex tube paper,which has a few unmistakeable attributes,and they expertly unroll this brittle paper and miraculously re-wrapp it..UNBROKEN!!..LOL..???
and to top it off,they somehow know how to add layers and layers of dust,they age the white end-covers that are sealed inside and then somehow sneak these new fake crystals deep into an unsuspecting old Rolex watchmakers stash!!..they really are incredible these days!..come on guys..use your noodle for more than a hat rest please..
So now I have to once again state the obvious to all who read these boards and take anything posted as fact that indeed,NOBODY has all the information on every Rolex part and authenticity..and even those who scream the loudest that THEY have the difinitive answer are in truth only screaming that they DO NOT know the True nature of this hobby..he who thinks he has all the answers is selling out the hobby way too short as i find oddities,peculiarity's,abnormalities and a few things that where just straight up bizarre come out of switzerland in the 60's,70's and 80's!

Steven T. Mulholland

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Chris Swak
(Login chrislkb)
VRF Member

Thanks for the food for thoughts Stevie while I am chowing down my wanton noodles

August 2 2011, 6:34 PM 

And yes, I remembered seeing that "unpolished" & "untouched" rolled paper with date stamp on it when you posted on the market. But I am no "vintage" paper roll expert wink.gif

Cheers buddy

This message has been edited by chrislkb from IP address 124.155.195.7 on Aug 2, 2011 6:36 PM

Respond to this message   

(Login stevemulholland3)

Thanks brother..I am in a much better mood now..just had to vent a little.

August 2 2011, 7:40 PM 

Steven T. Mulholland

Respond to this message   

(Login IgorDR)

Steven, there are plenty of experts who started reading forums a year or two ago

August 2 2011, 8:50 PM 

and now know everything.
"The collector can always give a better advise than a dealer... "
LMAO happy.gif

This message has been edited by IgorDR from IP address 70.173.58.247 on Aug 2, 2011 8:58 PM

Respond to this message   

(Login jamesbond5508)

Hello Steven, I think this pic helps to explain the different.

August 2 2011, 10:39 PM 

The left tropic is yours and the right one is the original from my PN6239. Best regards Roy

[linked image]

This message has been edited by jamesbond5508 from IP address 80.130.233.21 on Aug 2, 2011 10:40 PM

Respond to this message   

(Login stevemulholland3)

i know for a fact that my tube is original Rolex..no telling where

August 2 2011, 10:49 PM 

your plexi was carved at..
Steven T. Mulholland

This message has been edited by stevemulholland3 from IP address 70.127.187.52 on Aug 2, 2011 10:51 PM

Respond to this message   

(Login jamesbond5508)

Some of your tropics are not fit on Ref.6263 (to small) and ...

August 2 2011, 10:58 PM 

why looks different to the original tropic from my old Daytona please ?

Respond to this message   

(Login stevemulholland3)

you told me the first time that they where the wrong size and you couldnt get them to fit.

August 2 2011, 11:24 PM 

which I thought was very odd,but thought there was an outside chance that a tube was mislabled by nicholas,unlikey as it seems..lol..
So I send out the last of my personal tube and I also tested them each out on a 6239 exactly like you asked me to do..however these where shaped exactly as the last batch..why would you change the story on the second time?
am I missing something here?

Steven T. Mulholland

Respond to this message   

(Login jamesbond5508)

You know that you send first the wrong tropics and ...

August 2 2011, 11:37 PM 

I pay custom and shipping back to you sad.gif
The second package are this tropics on the left side.
Explain me please why looks different to the original old ones ?

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

(Login stevemulholland3)

brother..you have lost me..did i send the

August 2 2011, 11:45 PM 

wrong tropics the first time or this time?
all I am saying Roy is that if these didnt have the dome you where looking for then why on earth would you have me send out my last rolled batch?
now I can not even sell them as they are no longer wrapped in their paper and have been all over the planet..
it would be different if we where talking about 2 or 3 crystals even..but now it totals 20 crystals in all which comes to apprx. 6.000$ out of my pocket..
you said the first time that they dont fit..now this time you said they where fakes..is this some kind of language trouble we are having?

Steven T. Mulholland

Respond to this message   

(Login jamesbond5508)

I have tropics now which are looks different to my old tropics. Than ...

August 2 2011, 11:58 PM 

fit or not.
I want to buy old tropics 21. This are not old ones. Fit on 6234/39 but not fit on 6263/65.
No hold on the bezel from 6263/65 sad.gif Why Steven ?
and why looks different to my old ones please ?
You are a dealer and expert and have to know this ?

This message has been edited by jamesbond5508 from IP address 80.130.233.21 on Aug 3, 2011 12:02 AM

Respond to this message   

(Login stevemulholland3)

I know exactly why they look different Roy..They are obviously

August 3 2011, 12:32 AM 

a different version crystal than your crystal..
I am just at a loss as to why you are the only person out of 13 that I have invoices for who bought 21's from the two partial tubes that had all of these problems..if I had recieved other responses from my customers than I would completely understand that maybe the tube has been mislabeled..but not one email..
what kills me is the fact that I am the easiest person in the world to deal with..especially when it comes to problems.
I believe that you should treat your customers exactly as you would want to be treated and try to make sure everyone is made happy..
Regardless of the fact that I made it clear that once the crystals where taken out of the tube that they could not be returned..I thought there might have been an honest mistake..stuff like that does occassionaly happen..but then I send the others which are identical to the first ones I sent out and now you say they are fakes??
again I say,if you didnt like the high domed 21 then why on earth would you have me send you more?
that is my whole point Roy.
also..I have checked the ones you sent back and they are identical to the replacements.. now I am really confused.

Steven T. Mulholland

Respond to this message   

(Login jamesbond5508)

No fit on 6263/65 :-(

August 3 2011, 12:04 AM 

Respond to this message   
IgorDR
(Login IgorDR)

Steve, I see from the pic. that your plexi is much thicker

August 3 2011, 8:09 AM 

than Roy's. This alone would lead me to give more credence to yours.

Respond to this message   

(Login jamesbond5508)

Hello Steven, I don't need your tropics because don't fit on 6263 and ...

August 3 2011, 12:41 AM 

I'm not happy.
I hope it's ok if I send your tropics back
and I want my money back ?

We can closed the case happy.gif
Best regards Roy

Respond to this message   

(Login savoy-truffle)
VRF Member

Me too have received some #21 which did not fit on my 6263 ....

August 3 2011, 12:48 AM 

... but was refunded by Stephen (minus shipping costs and customs duty).

They were not wrapped in Rolex paper, though ...

Best, fredi

Respond to this message   

(Login stevemulholland3)

really? well i will certainly look it up in the morning..right now its rather late.

August 3 2011, 1:03 AM 

but maybe the tube was mislabeled..
I will email nicholas ebauf in the morning also and see if he might have written the wrong number on one of the tubes.
if it turns out that was the case,then I sincerely apologize Roy (and whomever may have been affected)..and of course would and will give a full refund plus shipping.
I did for the record use some of the 21's on the daytonas we had in stock and they fit just fine..but we will get to the bottom of it.

Steven T. Mulholland

Respond to this message   

(Login stevemulholland3)

thats fine Roy..I wont sit here and argue with you over something

August 3 2011, 12:57 AM 

as petty as money..I will just eat the 6k loss on the crystals that now cannot be sold,and I will also send you the 2k you requested and we can go our seperate ways..
I am just at a loss as to why only your crystals where affected this way..

Steven T. Mulholland

This message has been edited by stevemulholland3 from IP address 70.127.187.52 on Aug 3, 2011 12:58 AM

Respond to this message   

(Login seve1939)
VRF Member

Agree 199%---more

August 3 2011, 5:09 AM 

When dealing with Rolex, almost anything is possible. It really makes me laugh when certain so called experts say that watches are not correct because the dial type of the watch does not fall within a certain time period. Furthermore these self proclaimed experts feel that they know more than the people working for Rolex.

Respond to this message   

(Login nickodse)

Are you kidding me?????

August 3 2011, 10:30 AM 

Steve is one of the, if not THE most patient and friendly buyer/seller I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with and it he can please me and put up me and my indecisiveness then he is indeed a saint. Anone reading this do NOT think for one second that Steve Mulholland is out to cheat anyone, he is an honest seller if there ever was one.

Respond to this message   

(Login seve1939)
VRF Member

Not criticizing Steve Mulh.

August 3 2011, 2:58 PM 

if you post is to me.

This message has been edited by seve1939 from IP address 75.206.20.70 on Aug 3, 2011 2:59 PM

Respond to this message   

(Login nickodse)

No Lou, just speaking in general terms, I just wanted to put my post on the bottom.

August 3 2011, 3:03 PM 

nt

Respond to this message   

(Login orchi)
VRF Contributing Member

IF it fits 6234~39.strange 2hear how it won't fit 6263~65..mayb Retaining Ring was worn?nt

August 4 2011, 8:27 AM 

Best regards
Orchi.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - I really love how freely many people throw around their "knowledge"
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014