<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Reply from Rolex - Geneva

February 3 2012 at 6:58 AM
  (Login pappa_lazzaroo)
from IP address 92.20.149.3

Hi folks,
I had a response from Rolex today about my fathers Chronograph, not too much information but it is a relief to know they believe it is real. Now it's time to have it restored I guess, Rolex say the case is beyond repair but I believe there are ways happy.gif
And I quote;

"Dear Mr....,

We thank you for your enquiry of 23 January 2012 about your vintage Chronograph.

As far as we can tell from your photographs, the watch is in original condition. However, we sincerely regret to inform you that a restoration is not possible. The watchcase is so heavily corroded that any attempt of repair is impossible. We dont have a replacement case available as this model has been discontinued many years ago. It was manufactured in the 1940s.

Yours sincerely,

MB
Service Mondial World Service

ROLEX SA - rue François-Dussaud, 3-5-7
1211 Genève 26 Suisse"

This message has been edited by VintageRolexForum from IP address 76.185.12.160 on Feb 4, 2012 8:42 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
MC Yoon
(Login munchiew)
VRF Member

Congrats, Matt... A Good Outcome. ..

February 3 2012, 7:13 AM 

I am very happy for you, as the watch is so important to you personally.

Best..

This message has been edited by munchiew from IP address 113.210.253.46 on Feb 3, 2012 7:22 AM

Respond to this message   

Philipp
(Login philippstahl)
VRF Contributing Member

+1! All original ;-) nt

February 3 2012, 8:47 AM 

Respond to this message   
julian
(Login watch-guy.com)
VRF Contributing Member

Great news Matt. Glad it has all worked out so far.

February 3 2012, 11:25 AM 

Respond to this message   

WorldOysterWatcher
(Login WorldOysterWatcher)
VRF Member

I feel so good about this for you! That's just super!

February 3 2012, 12:17 PM 

There was nothing about the watch that had me shaking my head and I hope this puts an end to the discussion. I know that a lot of people were curious when it got slammed because so very many of us would have been happy to inherit or chance upon such a watch.

Whenever you get it repaired in whatever manner you get it repaired, please keep that dial original and please show us the "after" pictures.

And if you get a replacement case made, or if by some miracle you find an original spare case, always keep this broken one with the package. It is part of the watch's history.

What an exciting project!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Reply from Rolex - Geneva
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014