<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

An incoming of the lovely kind!

February 17 2012 at 11:19 AM

(Login LTF_1)
VRF Member
from IP address 188.222.242.54

Although I've sold a lot of watches, very few have made me stop and take stock after they've gone. The 5513 I sold recently was one of them, though - not just because it was a very nice example but also because the 5513 really is the archetypal vintage Rolex diver. In fact, it's the archetypal Rolex diver, full stop.

I did have the opportunity to buy it back but I decided not to, and instead set my heart on something older. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for weeks now, and checking pretty much every source there is on a daily basis, and sure enough a member on TZ-UK posted a photo of just what I wanted a few days ago. A speculative PM saw a flurry of emails exchanged, and we met up today in central London to exchange watch for cash.

So, here it is then - a 5513 from 1967, in beautiful all-original condition save for the crystal which was changed during a service last year. It's had a light polish but still has a good thick case and lugs, and the plots are to die for with dark puffy lume and nicely matching patina on the hands. It really is the nicest 5513 that I've seen, and I'm delighted with it; in fact, it'll now take pride of place alongside it's slightly older GMT cousin.

(Jed, you may recognise this...)

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[img][linked image][/img]

---
Tony

This message has been edited by LTF_1 from IP address 188.222.242.54 on Feb 17, 2012 11:19 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Rick-O
(Login rorrickj34)
VRF Member

Beautiful! Congrats!! <nt>

February 17 2012, 6:28 PM 

Respond to this message   

(Premier Login VintageRolexForum)
Forum Owner

Re: Beautiful! Congrats!! <nt>

July 20 2012, 2:02 PM 

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - An incoming of the lovely kind!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014