<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Are these correct 5513 hands - please help?

March 28 2012 at 11:52 AM

(Login 964RS)
VRF Member
from IP address 86.154.137.133

Following a WTB on VRF for some off white/light cream hands I got an offer of a set which looked a perfect match.

They came and my watchmaker tried to fit them but the hour hand base was far too wide - I sent them back.

The same seller then said his watchmaker had two more sets of NOS ones and in the photos the colour looked correct again.

So I bought the second set.

These ones have arrived, took them to my watchmaker today of 40 years who has done dozens for me over the years and he says the same thing...the bases are far too wide.

I've emailed the seller back but he is assuring me they are correct and has sent me a picture of one of his watches with a set on.

Can you please advise if you think these are correct NOS 5513 hour hands below please?

We tried them on a 65 and 67 5513 Submariner.

The hand on the left is the luminova replacement hand fitted by Rolex taken off the watch. The middle and the right ones are the NOS ones I have received.

I know what I think but would be interested in the collective opinions?

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

*Philip*
(Login greenoysters)

Your 2 hour hands on the right are made for 3075/3085 calibers not for a 5513 Sub. NT

March 28 2012, 12:18 PM 

Respond to this message   

Jed
(Login jedly1)
VRF Emeritus

Saphire hands for sure

March 28 2012, 1:00 PM 

His watchmaker/supplier has probably just catalogued them incorrectly

Respond to this message   

(Login 964RS)
VRF Member

cheers guys, as I thought, Philip you not got any???

March 28 2012, 1:47 PM 

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Are these correct 5513 hands - please help?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014