<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

straight end piece vintage rivet bracelet project results.....

June 11 2012 at 5:06 PM

(Login unionspecial)
VRF Member
from IP address 208.105.93.114

Hi VRF-

This is a quick post to show a vintage rivet bracelet I just put together. I like the look of the old Rolex straight end-piece rivet bracelets, but they are very hard to find, and pretty expensive and I didn't want to damage one of my 7206 bracelets trying to retrofit a home made straight end-piece. On a whim I picked up a NOS 1960's vintage rivet bracelet with spring loaded straight end pieces for a hundred bucks on ebay. I thought I'd take a chance. I received the sterile vintage bracelet and realized that the dimensions and measurements of the links and clasp were very close to a 19mm 7205 bracelet. The quality of the bracelet itself was very good, so I decided to pick up a '61 7205 clasp for another hundred bucks, and with 5 minutes of filing and adjusting I got this...

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

It's not an original Rolex band, but its a vintage riveted straight end band for 200 bucks. I love the way it looks with my 5508, the space between the case and ends really make the watch pop out. Very happy.

Glenn

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
JP
(Login JPMallard)

Your straight end piece...

June 11 2012, 8:41 PM 

....looks cool! Good work!

Respond to this message   
Robbe1675
(Login Robbe1675)
VRF Member

but will eat the lug in the years to come

June 12 2012, 12:14 AM 

because of the spring loaded end piece, there is constant pressure on the lug, creating a very slow drill when dust and sand gets in there.
It looks nice, but please keep the watch case + band clean to minimise the effect!
best,
Robbe

Respond to this message   

(Login Rigbot)
VRF Member

Spring loaded endpieces

June 12 2012, 12:19 AM 

Will destroy your case and look cheap. IMHO.

-Rigby

Respond to this message   

Glenn m
(Login unionspecial)
VRF Member

Bummer. :-(. Back to the drawing board...nt

June 12 2012, 2:47 AM 

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - straight end piece vintage rivet bracelet project results.....
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014