<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Reference mark lerman comexfan

August 15 2012 at 11:02 PM
(Login glotzlaw)
from IP address 174.254.54.115

I am considering bidding on an eBay listing by mark lerman. I know he is the red sun guru. Any references?

Thanks,

G

This message has been edited by fantastictime from IP address 77.211.226.43 on Aug 19, 2012 1:20 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
christian
(Login poormans)
VRF Member

does it have punched papers???

August 15 2012, 11:32 PM 

cheers
christian

Respond to this message   
G
(Login glotzlaw)

Re: does it have punched papers???

August 15 2012, 11:33 PM 

Yes

Respond to this message   
G
(Login glotzlaw)

Re: does it have punched papers???

August 15 2012, 11:46 PM 

Would you not purchase from him?

Respond to this message   
Vintage_Fanatic
(no login)

Search function is your friend

August 15 2012, 11:36 PM 

Use it!

Respond to this message   
Paul
(Login GMTKiwi)
VRF Member

Tread carefully brother .....

August 15 2012, 11:47 PM 

Mark has a core of very satisfied customers - as demonstrated by his eBay feedback.

He also has some extremely unhappy customers. Most of that unhappiness is centred around the authenticity (or otherwise) of the papers that often accompany the watches he sells.

When a few folk raised their concerns on this forum about Mark's practices a few months back - levelling some fairly serious allegations towards him - Mark chose not to respond. You may like to search "Mark Lerman" on VRF, read the discussions from a few months back and make your own judgement.

IMPORTANT: I've had no personal dealings with Mark so am simply bringing your attention to the discussion from a few months back.

Edit: Typos

This message has been edited by GMTKiwi from IP address 222.154.183.199 on Aug 15, 2012 11:56 PM

Respond to this message   
watchyouwant
(Login watchyouwant)
VRF Member

do i need new glasses for that dial??????

August 16 2012, 12:52 AM 

Respond to this message   
ROlexWatchTime
(Login RolexWatchTime)
VRF Moderator

Ouch that can't be right...

August 16 2012, 2:07 AM 

Respond to this message   

tomvox1
(Login tomvox1)
VRF Dial Archive Curator

Maybe a misfire by the dial printer or maybe touched up? Hard to say...

August 16 2012, 8:57 AM 

...without louping it but looks a bit sloppy even for a first gen matte. Could it be the cliché was on its last legs when that dial was printed up?
Best,
T.

Respond to this message   

Dave
(Login davemcdus)
VRF Member

Yeah...

August 16 2012, 3:48 AM 

I don't know about the printing on that dial. I'm far from the authority..you're much better off listening to the other guys, but the printing seems way wrong. Check out the dial archive. Also, I'm curious if other forum members have seen the uneven 5513 on the caseback before, where the 13 is stamped higher than the 55. Is this common? I've never seen that before either.

That and the paper thing...I dunno. These watches aren't that hard to find.

Respond to this message   
CharlieMae
(no login)

He is the King of ebay Sales but...

August 16 2012, 5:25 AM 

Around these parts he is more of a black sheep. I have never seen him post a watch for sale on these or other forums (only on ebay) and his reputation is questionable because of the alleged fake papers he seems to provide with EVERY watch he sells. My only concern is that he seems to be the only seller in the world that is able to provide complete or partial set watches with stamped/punched papers with the vast majority of watches he sells.

In reality, the rarity of finding a 45 year old watch that still has its accompanying paperwork is probably under 5%. I know people who bought watches in the 2000's that have misplaced their boxes and papers so, its unlikely that all of his full sets are genuine.

Much thanks goes to those members of this forum who were smart enough and brave enough to out him and his practices a while ago and protect the real collectors from being taken.

I would pass on this particular watch.

Respond to this message   

Arvid
(Login conrail)
VRF Member

Personally

August 16 2012, 7:14 AM 

I wouldn't pay the typical premium associated with vintage box/papers from him. His watches, for the most part, are fine, and are what they are, some pretty nice. Read the description + pretty good pics and bid accordingly, but for heavens sake don't pay a premium for any papers that come with his watches.

Respond to this message   
Bill
(Login Billv2)

This one has papers also

August 16 2012, 9:54 AM 

Respond to this message   
Michael Morgan
(Login Sub-Dweller)
VRF Member

Yes, the dial printing looks the same....nt.

August 16 2012, 8:29 PM 

Respond to this message   

Scott B
(Login scottb2)

here are my two cents

August 16 2012, 12:55 PM 

i have had a few emails with this guy and also won an auction about a year or two ago - after i won the auction i sant a pic of the dial to one of our good buddies on here and i was told the dial was touched up first generation and he also referred me to doubleredseadweller.com which has a lot of great facts - when i called Mark on the dial issues he said thanks for telling me and let me off the hook for payment. after that the watch was re-listed for sale and sold to another buyer and if you notice all the buyer feedback is private - i suppose he doesnt want ebayers contacting eachother about his dealings if you catch my drift

some of the watches he sells look very nice and i am no expert on dials or cases but after that one experience and from what i have read i would be careful when buying unless your fingers have no control like when you get drunk dialing fingers wink.gif and call some girl you know you should be staying away from lol

best

S

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2014