so we will be able, maybe, in to understand more about this Dial

the Front

[linked image]

the Back

[linked image]

[linked image]

the T Swiss T

[linked image]

a Panda PN (in Italy we call this batch MK 1.5)

[linked image]

the main print

please keep in mind that White over Black is always "fatter" than Black over White

[linked image]

[linked image]

about the halo

you can be able in to see the halo only in specific conditions, under an incident light and with the Dial inclined in some specific positions

as already wrote, we already saw odd things (like, for example, the PN Ghost/Erased Daytona)

i dont want to give any kind of judgment, any opinion

you have your own eyes

cheers from Italy

edit for typo

This message has been edited by jatucka from IP address 93.35.84.193 on Oct 16, 2014 9:33 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Eric Ku
(Premier Login VintageRolexForum)
Owner

Thanks for the pics....

October 16 2014, 9:13 AM 

Again here is Ben's original pic unedited and at an angle to see the "halo" around the text and coronet, as well as where the DAYTONA previously was.

I don't necessarily think we will get everyone here to agree wether is real or fake, but at least the facts are provided so people can draw their own conclusions.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

jatucka (rob)
(Login jatucka)
VRF Director

"I don't necessarily think we will get everyone here to agree wether is real or fake"

October 16 2014, 9:25 AM 

"I don't necessarily think we will get everyone here to agree wether is real or fake, but at least the facts are provided so people can draw their own conclusions."

well said Eric !

again, please keep in mind that White over Black is different from Black over White

[linked image]

cheers from Italy

Respond to this message   

JerimiahLee
(Login JerimiahLee)

Dial Texture

October 16 2014, 10:17 AM 

Thanks for the photos - these should help others make a proper assessment either way.

What is most interesting to me is the texture of the dial looks very different in your photos compared to Ben's. His appear very textured where yours are much more even.

Respond to this message   

jatucka (rob)
(Login jatucka)
VRF Director

"Ben's appear very textured where yours are much more even""

October 16 2014, 10:39 AM 

already wrote why, and i posted as well an expample

http://www.network54.com/Forum/207593/message/1413451158/incident+light

thanks for the GIF Brandon, great

cheers from Italy

Respond to this message   
Brandon
(Login brandoncripps)

gif'd

October 16 2014, 10:18 AM 

The two images together in a .gif

15550601105_0875769352_o.gif

Respond to this message   
Grahame
(Login gfnyc2)
VRF Member

Hypnotised

October 16 2014, 10:23 AM 

Wow....thats very Hypnotic.......... G.

Respond to this message   

Eric Ku
(Premier Login VintageRolexForum)
Owner

Brandon...thanks for this!

October 16 2014, 10:53 AM 

nt.

Respond to this message   

MdV
(Login dutchclock)
VRF Member

Now that's fabulous for comparison purposes !

October 18 2014, 6:26 AM 

cheers

Respond to this message   

kaiserfranz
(Login kaiserfranz)
VRF Member

For me the most interesting Thread this year....

October 16 2014, 11:28 AM 

....Many Thanks for your Input Roberto and all included members.

Can't wait to see the watch in geneva.....

Best
Matthias

Respond to this message   

marcello pisani
(Login marcellopisani)
VRF Emeritus

at least ..

October 16 2014, 11:40 AM 

T SWISS T , counters numbers and other printings look correct.
would like to see a bigger pic of the SINGER punch.
probably it's an " instalment printing plan " made with some time between each " payment " ... LOL LOL
the " erasing " theory is very unlikely to me ( very difficult to work with leaving any sign of evidence ..
altough the black paint is more covering ).
this point would be much clear only checking the watch " live "

Respond to this message   
DMM
(Login noonion)
VRF Member

Removal of Daytona

October 16 2014, 12:23 PM 

Nice clean pictures . First image ....If you look carefully at the 6 o'clock register ( 12 indicator and the 2 square and line registers on each side)
I think I can see some paint loss/ fading here on the register markers just below where the Daytona signature
would have been on a non oyster PN
This indicates to me some removal occurred. If you can agree to this than removal also may have occurred else where.
DMM

Respond to this message   
DMM
(Login noonion)
VRF Member

It has be done..

October 16 2014, 12:36 PM 

I number of years ago I saw a PN non oyster with a red 24 hour track added to the dial
by the original owner . The track was removed , and dial was in original state.

The original paint structure of the PN dial , I believe , allows some paint removal ...anyone willing to put it to the test?
DMM

Respond to this message   

Bane
(Login darthbane883)
VRF Member

Halo theory

October 16 2014, 12:58 PM 

My guess is that the halo is produced from the pad balloon itself. Typically in the pad printing process, the balloon will pick up the ink from an etch plate, and then placed on top of the dial. When that happens, there is some (albeit, very little pressure applied to that specific area of the dial as the balloon is compressed.

After the first dial is printed, the balloon is "cleaned" before it picks up the next application of paint from the etched plate. The "cleaning" process usually involves pressing the pad balloon onto a sticky surface, like a large piece of 3M scotch tape. Through surface tension and having a greater affinity to stick to the tape than the balloon, the pain residue will stick to the clean piece of tape as well as any minute dust particles.

But the tape itself will contain certain amounts of chemicals that make it sticky. Now on a brand new blank dial, the balloon presses against the entire dial.. If there was any residue associated with the cleaning/tap agent, it would be pressed out towards the edge of the dial, or even on the outer rim of the plate that is holding the dial blank.. this makes sense because the greatest amount of pressure will be applied on the outer edges of compressed portion of the pad.

In this particular dial, I suspect a "mini" pad was used to print the ROC letters alone. The halo was thus a remant of that mini pad printing process. This would lead me to believe that this was done AFTER the 5 minute markers were applied

Respond to this message   
banzaff
(Login banzaff)
VRF Member

dial granularity

October 16 2014, 1:25 PM 

hope it is OK to spoil Robertos picture happy.gif)

just some levels adjusted and sharpened

[linked image]

This message has been edited by banzaff from IP address 85.177.18.40 on Oct 16, 2014 1:28 PM

Respond to this message   

jed
(Login jedly1)
VRF Emeritus

forget dial granularity, stamps on back, t swiss t format, is the repair possible ....etc

October 16 2014, 1:35 PM 

pretty much everybody who knows the subject agrees the dial is a correct 6262/4 that has been altered ...

the ONLY debate is whether it was altered in the 1970's officially or 2014 to deceive....the question is WHEN.

the simple answer is that it impossible (without serious scientific intervention i would imagine)....to know WHEN.

those who want to sell it have an interest in the view being 1970's, can we really blame them ? ..even though there is no corroborating evidence at all to support this is the case.

those who think it was done last year can not answer why it would be done as ROC , not the obvious RCO as that choice is totally illogical.....personally i think the most logical explanation for me is that this is the cliche they had access to so they had no choice. if getting access to the cliche was the starting point then the single most profitable way to use it would be to make a black newman,

thats where we are.

looking at the pics , or the watch in person will not help answer the question of WHEN.

This message has been edited by jedly1 from IP address 114.198.66.126 on Oct 16, 2014 1:43 PM

Respond to this message   

jatucka (rob)
(Login jatucka)
VRF Director

if the question is "when", you suppose that "where" is in Rolex, right?

October 16 2014, 1:44 PM 

i do agree with you concerning the "when", it is an important question

but concerning the "where", looking at the pics, it is really difficult to think that the "where" could be out from Rolex/Singer (or Singer/Rolex, LOL)

cheers from Italy

Respond to this message   

jed
(Login jedly1)
VRF Emeritus

no....i don't I'm afraid .... the font is very good

October 16 2014, 1:50 PM 

so could be the singer plate ...that doesn't mean it was done by them. or mean it was done a long time ago.

but we already know the prototypes have left ..so what else.

it could be singer/rolex of course....

so we get back to where we were months ago Rob .......maybe ...but at this level ...is maybe good enough ?happy.gif

This message has been edited by jedly1 from IP address 114.198.66.126 on Oct 16, 2014 1:56 PM

Respond to this message   
Philipp
(Login p.e.stahl)
VRF Contributing Member

I'm not so sure about that Roberto..

October 16 2014, 2:08 PM 

Just now i'm looking at your big resolution scans again and what I noticed is that the 5 minute markers are not perfectly positioned. With other words, they have been removed from the dial and then placed back carefully as it seems. Then next you can clearly see now is that the luminous dots on the 5 minute markers are not the ones made by Rolex when it got originally lumed. So why would Singer / Rolex do this I wonder if it was a left over 6262/6264 dial which should be transformed to a Oyster dial? Further, as I said from the beginning, the stain or halo as you call is has been added with a mini pad as Bane explain us so perfectly up here, making it clear there are 2 print, 1 old and 1 new.

Ok let's summarize what we have here:

- the dial surface got altered and red Daytona got removed.
- 5 min markers have been removed.
- the luminous has been relumed.
- Rolex ROC logo has been printed with mini pad.
- all over patina is not matching if this would be a left over dial where back in the days the logo got transferred.

Now again, where is the logic / common sense / costs efficiency for Singer & Rolex, if they just could have added "Oyster" on this left over 6262/6264 dial??

I just don't believe all this effort makes sense. With other words, if the ROC print wasn't so perfect, everybody would say it's not ok.

For me personally that indicates that I think now that this ROC print has not been added by Rolex nor Singer.

Cheers,
Philipp

Respond to this message   

jatucka (rob)
(Login jatucka)
VRF Director

do you mean the black index, the "cavalieri"?

October 16 2014, 2:20 PM 

removed?

dont you see the Dial's back ?

dont you know that the "cavalieri" move, in the years ?

if you are talking about the black 5min "cavalieri", find another PN with all the "cavalieri" perfectly centered ...

all of them move in the time

and relumed, how can you tell that it is relumed without to see it in person ?

you know my friend, i dont give any opinion concerning the originality of this Dial, i wrote it several times

who could

i just like to study and to understand

what i dont like is to be "against" regardless

this attitude affect the knowledge, i think

cheers from Italy

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2017