<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

inheritance ID

October 9 2017 at 11:53 AM
GlennJr  (Login GlennJr)
from IP address 98.191.6.153

Not sure if this is the right place for this type of post or not. But I've inherited my dad's watch. I've been reading different stories on watchville and hodinkee, trying to learn more about this stuff, and starting to get into all the amazing different watches out there.

Anyway, I'm hoping someone could give me more info on this thing. It is a Rolex Datejust from the early 80's (at least I'm pretty sure on that part of it). Pretty sure it's not super rare, might not be as "interesting" or "unique" as a lot of the posts on this site, but it means a lot to me because of the family history.

But how do you find out which specific model number or year it is? Any other help on exactly what I've got, or advice on how to care for it would be appreciated. Many thanks in advance for reading and possibly helping, thank you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wahrot23mmmsevg/IMG_2572.jpg?dl=0

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Roger
(Premier Login fantastictime)
VRF Managing Director

Yea it is a 16013...

October 9 2017, 1:08 PM 

Plastic glass champagne dial
steel and gold datejust with jubilee bracelet.

If you remove the bracelet it will reveal this
model number between the lugs at 12 and the serial
number between the lugs at 6.

Early 80’s would give it a 7 or 8 million serial.

Respond to this message   
GlennJr
(Login GlennJr)

thanks

October 10 2017, 10:12 AM 

Great, thanks for the fast response and help. I appreciate it.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Contact

Vintage Rolex Forum and Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.  

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2002 - 2017