Return to Index  

5512 PCG gilt 4 line underline unmolested - rare!

May 7 2012 at 11:08 AM

Scott B  (Login scottb2)
from IP address 76.19.211.37

up for sale is a

4 line gilt underline 1962 serial

case: Authentic 5512 pointed crowns guard submariner - this case looks to be unmolested with lugs maintaing original thickness - obvioulsy there is some wear on a 50 year old watch. Reference number and serial is easily visible on either side of the case

dial: these dials typically look to be matt but this dial is an excellent 4 line dual color gilt swiss underline dial - there is still plenty of gloss on the gilt per the age of this dial and there are subtle swirl marks that can be seen from the correct angle - i have aactually used a macro lens and a bright light so you can see these marks on the pictures - i have only seen one other dial that has better gloss than this one and i imagine that it would be much more expensive - the script and plots on this dial are really quite excellent showing very little wear - the hands are original gilt hands and as you will see the minute hand is more aged than the rest and i dont have a good explanation on that - it is what it is - dial also glows quite remarkably for its age - i have included a scan of this - i would say overall and incredible dial - Dial has not been relumed or touched up in anyway

overall i would say that this watch is not only rare but excellent condition and wears very well on the wrist

will sell on 91350 bracelet for $24,500.00 or head only @ $23,500.00 - shipping is included CONUS - outside USA buyer pays for shipping -

no returns - the watch is as pictured and i will be happy to send more scans upon request - worldwide references available

thanks for looking
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Respond to this message   
Responses

The Vintage Rolex Forum and The Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2003 - 2014