Return to Index  

Rolex Daytona 6239, purchased from the family of the original owner.

May 7 2012 at 1:50 PM
  (Login 1992GMT)
VRF Member
from IP address 199.101.128.10

Up for sale is a nice example of the very first Rolex Daytona. This is the model that Rolex first placed the word Daytona on the dial. Very early version. I purchased the watch last year from the son of the original owner. I have a letter from him telling the story behind the watch. It was bought sometime in the mid to late 1960's in Massachusetts for around $225. The serial number is 1,600,xxx, which dates the watch to 1967. The watch was serviced by Rolex NY in 1990, as evidenced by the inside case back markings. I have the receipt from the local jeweler for $320 for the servicing. They must have sent the watch to Rolex NY for servicing, as I have a Rolex Service booklet dated 1990 and a service box from Rolex.

The condition and originality of this Daytona it what sets it apart from most others. The dial is nice and sharp, with a very soft eggshell patina that you can see when the light hits just right. The lugs are very strong and thick. The serial number and model numbers between the lugs are very clear. There are no major dents or scratches.

Watch Details:

-Rolex Daytona 6239
-Stainless Steel
-1,600,xxx serial number
-722 movement number
-6240 case back number
-bracelet is a Rolex USA C&I stamped 78

Please contact me if you have additional questions about the watch or would like specific pictures that you would like for me to take. I have taken and uploaded many pictures to help potential buyers get comfortable with the watch. Its a great piece, and I want everyone to see that! I will ship, at my expense, by FedEX and fully insured by JewelSystems. I will ship internationally. 3 day no questions asked returns accepted for buyers in the USA. No returns for international buyers, due to customs drama.

I have references both as a buyer and seller on the VRM. I am located in San Francisco.

The price is a very fair $22,000 USD. Bank wire transfer only.

Seth Chandler
seth@stellacap.com
cell 415 260 2430

[linked image]
[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Respond to this message   
Responses

The Vintage Rolex Forum and The Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2003 - 2014