Return to Index  

FSOT - unpolished 5512 4 line underline gilt gloss, tiffany 1680, R series 16528

May 24 2012 at 8:27 AM

(Login scottb2)
from IP address 76.19.211.37

4 line gilt underline 1962 serial

case: Authentic 5512 pointed crowns guard submariner - this case looks to be unmolested with lugs maintaing original thickness - obvioulsy there is some wear on a 50 year old watch. Reference number and serial is easily visible on either side of the case

dial: these dials typically look to be matt but this dial is an excellent 4 line dual color gilt swiss underline dial - there is still plenty of gloss on the gilt per the age of this dial and there are subtle swirl marks that can be seen from the correct angle - i have aactually used a macro lens and a bright light so you can see these marks on the pictures - i have only seen one other dial that has better gloss than this one and i imagine that it would be much more expensive - the script and plots on this dial are really quite excellent showing very little wear - the hands are original gilt hands and as you will see the minute hand is more aged than the rest and i dont have a good explanation on that - it is what it is - dial also glows quite remarkably for its age - i have included a scan of this - i would say overall and incredible dial - Dial has not been relumed or touched up in anyway

overall i would say that this watch is not only rare but excellent condition and wears very well on the wrist

head only @ $19,500.00 + shipping OBRO

no returns - the watch is as pictured and i will be happy to send more scans upon request - worldwide references available

thanks for looking
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

tiffany rolex for sale - will trade with 1665, manual daytonas incl 16520's, 5513 or 5512 pcg - thanks

ROLEX 1680 5 MILLION SERIES. REFERENCE NUMBERS AND SERIAL NUMBERS PERFECTLY VISIBLE BETWEEN THE LUGS - CASE IS VERY NICE AND FAT , , THIS TIFFANY DIAL IS GUARANTEED TO BE ORIGINAL TO THE WATCH AND AUTHENIC - THIS WATCH WAS PURCHASED BY ME SOME YEARS AGO AT WANNABUYAWATCH AND I HAVE THE RECEIPT WHICH WILL BE TRANSFERRED TO THE BUYER - ON THE RECEIPT TIFFAN DIAL IS NOTATED AS WELL AS THE SERIAL AND REFERENCE NUMBERS

FROM WHAT I CAN SEE AT THIS TIME, THE WATCH DOES NOT NEED SERVICE - I DID PAY A PAY A PREMIUM FOR THIS WATCH AS I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT WBAW IS A KNOWLEDGABLE AND PROPER SELLER OF VINTAGE WATCHES AND I WAS CONFIDENT EVERYTHING WAS IN ORDER AND GOOD VALUE - i will show you the receipt of $13,000.00 WHICH WAS PAID FOR THIS WATCH and the watch will be delivered with it as well - I HAD THE ORIGINAL TIFFANY BOX BUT I AM UNABLE TO LOCATE IT -
I AM SELLING THE WATCH FOR $8800.00 (head only) + shipping - this price is firm (on hold)

- return within 3 days if not as in pictures

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

FS Rolex Daytona R16528

Case: the case on this watch is in excellent condition with nice sharp edges - reference number and serial very easily seen between the lugs - I am not sure if the watch was polished - i dont believe it has been but you can make your own determinations on that - i purchased it from Andrew Shear about 5 years ago and he said it was from the original owner. you will be able to tell by the pictures that there are no blemishes here - also you will see that it does have the original MK1 correct Bezel with no marks on it at all - MK1 bezels are very hard to come by and i have seen several 18k daytonas that have a newer version bezel on them which suggests that the original one was lost or damaged in some way - not with this one - the watch is superb

Dial: Excellent MK1 Floating cosmograph dial with no blemishes - i cant even find anything with a loupe on this dial that would cause me concern - nada

Bracelet: Excellent original first series non flip bracelet with 13 links - i added one because i have a rather large wrist

i am not sure of the service history of the watch but it is running fine and basically been in my safe the whole time i have owned it minus the 1/2 dozen times i have worn it - only selling to make way for a grail watch that i have had my eye on for a while

price is $21,000.00 USD + shipping and no returns -

please note - this is a more and more rare version that is all correct an intact - - not an easy find.

ask any questions you like and thanks for looking and thanks to VFR for the continuous space here

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Respond to this message   

The Vintage Rolex Forum and The Vintage Rolex Market are not sponsored by, associated with and/or affiliated with Rolex, S.A. or Rolex USA or any respective subsidiaries or affiliates.

Copyright The VRF, Inc. 2003 - 2014